Since ages, people in India have been practicing yoga for various health reasons. But in the last couple of decades, the craziness for doing Yoga has increased substantially. Today, you can see people of various age groups talking about Yoga as an essential part of their daily life. Even medical studies are cementing the notion that Yoga has the capacity to heal your mind, body, and spirit. You just need to gather enough motivation and start enjoying this ancient practice, slowly and steadily, in order to establish the connection with the inner-Self.
Doing yoga will help you in the following ways:
- Increase the Blood Flow: According to the health experts, each and every organ of our body requires a proper flow of blood. When all the cells in the body start receiving sufficient amount of blood, it starts functioning properly. Yoga increases the circulation of blood and in the process helps in maintaining the blood flow.
- Improve Body Flexibility: The practice of yoga has various postures that are called ‘asanas’. These asanas are prepared with a distinct mechanism as each posture is done to benefit the various areas of the body. Doing these asanas on a daily basis and over a period of time will eventually lead to your overall body flexibility. However, to master these asanas, you must make sure to learn yoga from an expert yoga teacher.
- Increase the Heart Rate: In order to maintain a decent cardiovascular health, you can count on yoga. Particularly, Ashtanga Yoga is found to improve your heart potential within a few sessions. Besides increasing the heart rate, this Yoga is also helpful in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
- Better Spine Health: Posture depends a lot on the capacity of your spine. In fact, you cannot function properly with a weak spinal cord. This makes it imperative to keep your spine strong for a lifetime and that is possible only when it gets a sufficient supply of nutrients. In this scenario, yoga can work wonders if you decide to include various asanas in your daily fitness ritual. The twists and turns of yoga asanas make the function of your spine a lot more flexible and increase its durability.
- Improvement in Cartilage Health: With an increase in age, you are most likely to encounter pains in the various joints of your body. If you do not pay proper attention to your joints right from an early age, then in old age this pain might become unbearable and lead to arthritis. For that purpose, you need to maintain the health of your cartilage by allowing it a complete supply of nutrients. Luckily, practicing certain yoga poses regularly, the cartilage present in the joints starts soaking fluids from the body naturally. This eventually keeps the growth of your cartilage even and you never encounter a joint pain.
- Stronger Bones: Lifting weight is widely regarded as the best way to add more strength to your bones. When you perform many yoga poses, you get the chance to lift your body weight. In fact, yogic methods score over lots of modern techniques of fitness and prevent the bones of your arms from fractures.
- Maintain Digestive System: In order to stay healthy, your digestive system must operate in a way to digest food properly. Conditions like irritable bowel syndrome and indigestion will only deteriorate your health. But, you can choose to do yoga as it requires twisting poses, which makes your bowels and intestines contract and loosen frequently. After doing these asanas for a reasonable period of time, it makes your intestine more functional and you start deriving the complete essence of eating.
- Increase Lungs Capacity: You might be amazed to know that yogis believe in taking fewer breaths of greater volume only to stay agile. Popularly known as the complete breathing, taking air inside in a rhythmic manner can definitely bring relief to your lungs. This becomes possible because performing yoga in an open area promotes maximum breathing through the nose and in the process increases the oxygen saturation level of your blood.
- Boost Immune System: When you start doing yoga on a daily basis, you can actually realize an improvement in your immune system. This capacity to fight diseases becomes possible due to the regulation of the body functioning after yoga practice.
- Improve Concentration Power: As per research findings, yoga is found to improve your physical capacity as well as cognitive strength. Your passion for Yoga can also help you in improving your concentration level. As Yoga and Meditation make your nervous system more powerful, the result becomes evident when you are able to deal with complex issues in a calm and composed manner.
- Decrease Overall Stress: Apart from boosting your physical strength, enthusiasm for yoga can also make your mind free from stress. This happens due to a decrease in the secretion of cortisol, considered as the primary stress hormone. With a lower level of cortisol in your body, you start feeling less anxiety and remain happily involved with your life. Besides, Yoga also improves your sleeping pattern and helps to keep a check on your stress.
Love for yoga can enhance your prospects of longevity. Just make sure that you have gathered ample information and have taken a basic training to practice yoga on your own.
Author Bio :
Manmohan Singh is a passionate Yogi, Yoga Teacher and a Traveller in India. He provides Yoga Teacher Training in India. He loves writing and reading books related to yoga, health, nature and the Himalayas.